VOL 1534 - AUG 17, 2016 - Strange Laws Around the World
Twice weekly E-letter - StrangeCosmos.com - This Week's Feature:
AUGUST FUN !
Are you ready to review the Best Humor, Coolest Pix and Political Parody on the Internet?
Get ready to jump into something "Strange!"
Strange Quotes About the Media:
News is what somebody somewhere wants to suppress; all the rest is advertising. (Lord Northcliffe)
You can fool all of the people all of the time if the advertising is right and the budget is big enough. (Joseph E. Levine)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some hire public relations officers. (Daniel J. Boorstin)
There's no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary. (Brendan Behan)
In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes. (Andy Warhol)
Small earthquake in Chile. Not many dead. (Claud Cockburn, winning entry for a dullest headline competition at the Times)
Today's Featured Humor : -) - Strange Laws Around The World
Check out these nutty laws from across the U.S.A. and around the globe!
* In Alabama, prison guards are forbidden from referring to their spouses as "the old ball 'n' chain."
* In Los Angeles, it's illegal for a waiter to tell a customer "I'm really an actor."
* In Indiana, it's against the law to dress "Barbie" in "Ken's" clothes.
* In Sedona, Ariz., it's illegal to lie about your astrological sign.
* In Texas, it's illegal to threaten somebody with an UNLOADED gun.
* In Samoa, it's a crime to forget your wife's birthday.
* In Australia, it's illegal to name any animal you plan to eat.
* In Cannes, France, it's illegal to wear a Jerry Lewis mask.
* In New Jersey, answering a traffic cop who asks "Do you know why I pulled you over?" by saying, "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you" is an automatic $300 fine.
* In Kentucky, it's illegal to paint your lawn red.
* In Portugal, it's against the law to pee in the ocean.
* In Connecticut, night watchmen are forbidden from drinking decaf coffee while working.
* In Vermont, it's illegal to pick your nose and stick the pickings under a table.
* In Tennessee, it's illegal to tell someone to quit smoking.
* In Oregon, donut holes must be at least an 1/8th inch in diameter.
* In Georgia, it's illegal to teach a child under 5 the words "penis" and "vagina."
* Unmarried women are not allowed to buy edible panties in South Carolina.
* In Italy, anyone considered "obese" is forbidden from wearing polyester.
* It's illegal to tear a phone book in half in Montana.
* Anyone caught selling a "smoothie" that has lumps is breaking the law in California.
* In Arkansas, it's illegal for a woman getting married for the second time to wear a white wedding gown.
* In Pennsylvania, it's against the law to put a dollar on a string on the ground and yank it when someone tries to pick it up.
* In New York City, it's illegal for a restaurant to call it a "corned beef sandwich" if it's made with white bread and mayonnaise.
Submitted by Pasadena Phil
Most Popular - Parody - News - Pix
WHY WOMEN IN TRACK AND FIELD ARE MORE POPULAR - http://www.strangevacations.com/content/item/199312.html
STRANGE RELIGIOUS ITEMS -WOULD YOU BELIEVE A DOG BARK MITZVAH - http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/199353.html
STRANGE RIO OLYMPICS STORIES - ATHENS LAWYER DIDN'T KNOW HE QUALIFIED UNTIL HE READ THE PAPER! - http://www.strangesports.com/content/item/199357.html
MILITARY FIELD RATIONS FOR SOLDIERS - GERMANY - http://www.strangeblondes.com/content/item/199096.html
STRANGE EMPLOYEES - IT WORKER OUTSOURCED HIS JOB TO CHINA FOR 1/5 THE SALARY! - http://www.strangebusiness.com/content/item/199358.html
STRANGE VANITY PLATES - CLEVER COLORADO PLATE - SPECIAL FOR KIDS! - http://www.strangetrucks.com/content/item/199359.html
COOL FARM FIELD CREATION FOR 2016 - MARIO BROTHERS! - http://www.strangevehicles.com/content/item/199360.html
2016 OLYMPICS - RIO - HOW DIFFERENT COUNTRIES REACT TO THEIR ATHLETES FEATS! - http://www.strangecollege.comcontent/item/199361.html
GREAT RANCH PIXS - COOL HORSE AND HIS LITTLE PONY PAL - CLYDESDALE AND MINIATURE - http://www.strangemedical.com/content/item/199362.html
STRANGE OLDE BUSINESS ADS - 7-UP SOFT DRINKS FOR BABY! - http://www.strangefarmer.com/content/item/199363.html
STRANGE JUDICIAL PROBLEMS - UNAWARE JUDGE HAS DEFENDANT TWERK IN THE COURTROOM WHEN HE THOUGHT SHE WASN'T LOOKING! - http://www.strangefunvideos.com/content/item/199367.html
STRANGE FUN POOL TOYS - HUGE PIZZA FLOATS - GRAB A SLICE! - http://www.strangeoldepictures.com/content/item/199364.html
SCARLETT JOHANSSON - SIGNING AN AUTOGRAPH - HOT BLACK EVENING GOWN! - http://www.strangecelebrities.com/content/item/199365.html
COOL SHOT OF BOEING C-17 GLOBEMASTER TAKING OFF FROM DIRT FIELD! - http://www.strangeamericans.com/content/item/199366.html
BEST VANITY PLATE YET - IN REAR VIEW MIRROR IT EXPLAINS WHO IS DRIVING - A#&HOLE! - http://www.strangetravel.com/content/item/199368.html
2016 OLYMPICS - RIO - MOST USELESS JOB IN RIO - LIFEGUARD AT THE MICHAEL PHELPS SWIMMING POOL! - http://www.strangepersons.com/content/item/199369.html
The Featured Pix Category This Week - SV - DAY TRIPS - STRANGE DESTINATIONS - BRIDGES - MOTELS - TOURIST SPOTS - GAS STATIONS - JUNK YARDS - DEALERSHIPS - PARKING LOTS
The Top News Articles & Humor for the Week
Strange Stuff Found in Taxi Cabs - http://www.strangegolf.com/content/item/109880.html
The 9 Weirdest Tax Write-offs - http://www.strangeracer.com/content/item/106839.html
Strange One Liners - Caution PUNS! - http://www.strangedangers.com/content/item/120427.html
The Strange History and Uses of Chocolate - http://www.strangepolitics.com/content/item/148520.html
The Featured New Category This Week - Work, Job, Corporate - Boss Jokes & Business Humor
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Because of a number of requests, we are becoming more active of both Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. We will periodically be Tweeting the latest BEST or Most UNIQUE pictures. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU FOLLOWING US!
Please Click here to begin following: https://twitter.com/headstranger
Be Sure to Check Out All of the Recent Additions at the "Strange" Family Websites
********** This message printed on recyclable media*********** (Think about it!)
Visit Often - Tell Your Friends - Never Follow!
Do NOT Reply to this automated e-Letter: E-Mail replies to this message will not be seen.
To Remove E-mail Address - http://www.strangecosmos.com/static/unsubscribe.html